A few weeks ago, we embarked on the journey of a lifetime (at least I hope it was because I really don't want to have to be in the car for that long again). We left Del Rio, TX on Wednesday, August 22. Our first day we made it to Tucson, and left the next morning for Los Angeles so that we could spend Friday in Disneyland!! I had a blast and even had a kind of celebrity sighting! I am a closet 'Sister Wives' fan (the TLC show....don't judge) and we were in a line for food right behind Christine's daughters, Aspyn and Mykelti.....yes I know their names. I later ran into Christine at the parade on Main Street and may or may not have stalked her a bit for a photo. Paparazzi much? Anyway, I was way excited! And to top of my D-list reality show celebrity sightings, I saw Adrienne's husband and sons from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I watch way too much reality TV apparently. Our Disney day was fabulous and I'm so glad we did it!
The next morning we got up early to have breakfast with my cousin and her family. We had literally just left their house and got a call from the trucking company that would be delivering our stuff from TX to WA. The gist of the conversation was that one of the axles caught on fire while the truck was driving through the mountains of Idaho, and the whole trailer went up in flames. The driver got out just fine (thank goodness), but our things did not share the same fate. There were 4 other families belongings on this 18-wheeler, all of which were completely destroyed. Talk about a shock to the system! We spent the next two days at my Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins house trying to start our list of every item we lost in the fire, down to socks, underwear, candlesticks.....what year we bought them, how much we paid for them, and pictures if possible. A seemingly impossible task, but we got it done over the course of a few days. It was so nice to be with family! After two days in Fresno, we went to Monterey for 2 nights. I think it's safe to say that this is Doug's most favorite place in the world! We had fun enjoying the beaches and restaurants and avoiding thinking about the fire. Next up was Sacramento where we spent a few days with my Aunt, Grandpa, and Norma, then we headed up to Beale AFB to see some good friends from Del Rio, Scott and Cassy, for a night before we made the 12 hour drive up to McChord AFB. What a crazy ride!
Cars all loaded and we're off!
Laughlin AFB in our rear view mirror.
Disney day!! :)
One of the many gorgeous views from Monterey
Mount Rainier! I love getting to see it on the rare cloudless days!
Quick shot of our house taken from the car before we moved in. (And before the ever-present rain turned our grass back to green!)
I will try to keep this updated a little bit better. Lots going on around here.....Doug has started flying missions and is gone quite a bit. He gets to go to lots of cool places though and he brings me yummy chocolate. :) Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!






Yay for finally posting!! I still can't believe that happened to y'all, but glad everything is good now! It looks so pretty where y'all went, and Disney Land of course looks awesome! I'm impressed by your "celebrity" spottings...I would never recognize them!
ReplyDelete